Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bucket List

Does everybody know what's on your bucket list? Seems like a good idea. First of all a bucket list is all the things you want to do before you kick the bucket. Seems morose but really if you thing about it we all have a limited time here. Like they say, "This is not a two act play." We should know what we want to accomplish and how much we have done. I think a journal is a great thing so your kids and grand kids and so on and on can know who you are.

I have a list of cars I want to own. I have checked off a bunch, Mercedes, Audi, Saab Turbo, Mustang, Landcruiser, Corvette, Chevy Belair, Subaru, Jimmy, Trooper, VW Beetle, Lincoln Continental, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Chevrolet Malibu, , Corvair, and my first car was a Studebaker I shared with my brother Brad. 3 Boats, bunches of motorcycles, still have 3.

How about where have I gone? Grand Canyon, MT Rushmore, Chicago, Arizona, Colorado, S. Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Nevada, Kentucky, Israel, Greece, Mexico, and lived in Utah, California, North Carolina, Virgina, Georgia. So I guess you know there are tons of places I still want to go.

I have been a soldier in the Army. Flown in Helicopters and worked on computers when they were a little more than a brand new idea, until now.

The only broken bone I am aware of ever having was a basal skull fracture from a motor cycle accident. There could have been some ribs but it was never proved one way or the other.

I fell off Pete's Rock rappelling the face and lived. (by catching the rope and burning my hands)

Lots of fist fights. Back in the old days before pulling a gun or knife started solving squabbles.

Got a Cruising State Street speeding ticket back in the old days for obstructing traffic, going too slow, excessive acceleration, exhibition driving, reckless and 50 mph over speeding all on one ticket. Dad's Oldsmobile Starfire could smoke the wheels at any speed....(luxury 442)

I have spelunked in Neff's Cave (deepest cave in North America). Now it is blocked.

I have swam in the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Dead Sea, Sea of Galilee, River Jordan, and all lakes and a ton of streams and rivers within 150 miles of Salt Lake City.

Even though I was in the 82nd Airborne I never jumped out of a plane. Not too many can say that. I was belligerent. I did jump twice out of a 30 foot, 2 story window from my Army barracks to prove I wasn't chicken and to make a $200 bet. ( Could be the reason I have back trouble)

Anyway, get the idea? Everyone has a huge list of special things they have done or want to do before they kick the bucket. Feel free to comment and tell us some things you have or have yet to do. Goals, Dreams and things urge us to meet our potential, Dream big!

Have a great day! Wes

No comments: